Potters World. A Harry Potter RPG
Registration is now open!

4 - The Absence Thread

*Supreme Mugwump

*Supreme Mugwump

ABSENCES

Everyone needs to be gone at one time or another. In order to let your role-playing partners know when you will need to be gone, you can post in this thread with information about your absence. Absences can be described as short-term or long-term.

Short-term Absence

What is it?

A short-term absence is any absence that is longer than 3 days, or shorter than 2 months. You do NOT need to post an absence if you are only going to be gone for under 3 days. Generally, people should be patient for a few days at a time.

Posting in this Absence Thread will NOT save your account if you do not log into your accounts longer than 2 months. This thread is only intended as a way to tell anyone you are RPing with that you need to be gone for a time.

How does it work?

You should make a post below, using the following form. Please highlight the form and then select "quote" to retain the formatting:

Delete as required: (For quidditch, stocks and affiliations, please remember to PM your area head if you will be unable to meet requirements)

QUIDDITCH AFFILIATION STOCKS

MINISTRY MUNGO'S SHOPS CORNSWIN

Character Name(s):

Date you will leave:

Date you will return:

If you are not on complete absence, which areas will you continue to post in?

Or copy and paste the below into the posting box:

[b][u]Delete as required: (For quidditch, stocks and affiliations, please remember to PM your area head if you will be unable to meet requirements)[/u][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]QUIDDITCH[/b][/color] [color=#008000][b]AFFILIATION[/b][/color] [color=#2F4F4F][b]STOCKS[/b][/color]
[color=#0000FF][b]MINISTRY[/b][/color] [color=#ea5d96][b]MUNGO'S[/b][/color] [color=#2F4F4F][b]SHOPS[/b][/color] [color=#009999][b]CORNSWIN[/b][/color]

[b]Character Name(s):[/b]
[b]Date you will leave:[/b]
[b]Date you will return:[/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]If you are not on complete absence, which areas will you continue to post in?[/b][/color]

Do not post here if you are just going into a period of "slow posting". This is intended for true absences. If you find you need to cut back on posting or cannot finish a thread, you should do the polite thing and PM the person you are RPing with. If you find you are in a "slow posting" phase, you can put a message saying this in your signature.

What if I have more than one character?

If you have more than one character and need for all of them to be absent, you can either put all of their names in one form, or make a separate post with each character (this is helpful if you want to keep your alters a secret).

You need NOT put all of your accounts on Absence if you 'need a break' from one account.

How will being absent affect my post requirements?

Students who do not make minimum post count for promotion to the next year will not be excused due to an absence, and will therefore fail to advance to the next year. Adults who may have work post requirements MUST make arrangements with their work area staff member to be excused from work threads due to an extended absence. This can be arranged through a PM.

Be aware, however, that no account will be excused from making required posts counts due to absence if it is discovered the handler is continuing to post with their alter accounts. We DO allow excused absences from work -- but only if it's a genuine absence from the board entirely, and not a "trade-off" of posting from one account to the other.

What if I'm gone longer than 2 months?

BE AWARE!! Posting in this thread will NOT save your account from deletion if you do not log into your account for over 2 months. If you feel you may be gone for longer than 2 months, you need to arrange for your account to be placed on Inactive status (see instructions below).

If you do not log into your account for over 2 months, it will be deleted without notice.

What should I do when I return?

Please post in the "I've Returned" thread (with the account you posted here with) when you return, and your post in this topic will be deleted.

Long-term Absence (aka "Inactive" status)

What is it?

A long-term absence is any time you will need to be gone from the board for over 2 months. As stated in our ToS, any account not logged into for 2 months will be deleted without notice. However, we do allow members to be gone for up to 6 months from this board IF they place their accounts on Inactive.

"Inactive" status means your user group will be changed to "Inactive", and you will be unable to make any posts, nor read any posts on this board. You WILL be able to use the PM system. Your account will be saved even if you do not log on for up to 6 months. To read more about Inactive status, or to request your characters be placed on Inactive, please review +this thread.

By joining Potter's World you indicate that you have read and do agree to abide by these rules. Failure to do so may result in warnings, disciplinary action or removal from the boards.
-------------
Revision History

02APR22 -- new absence form added; inactive details moved to new thread

02OCT21 -- warning about PMing non-admins regarding inactive status added

28DEC20 - inactive characters will lose their job after 4 months, not 3
11NOV18 - formatting changes but no content changes

10JUL15 -- changes to Admin contacts
26MAR11 -- reposting; formatting changes but no content changes

Vivi Jang

Character Name(s): Vivi Jang

Date you will leave: Actually around Monday (7/Mar)

Date you will return: 14/Mar

House/pet-sitting

Flynn Roy

8 hours ago, Adrien Favreau said:

Character Names: Elias Roy, Henri Neilson, Reaghan Reitman, Isolt Neilson, Flynn Roy

Date you will leave: ~March 5

Date you will return: ~March 20

Should have done this a bit ago, but hoped I'd have more time - it's unfortunate timing, but between my master's and RL stuff, I haven't had a lot of time. Should be around for reqs primarily!

Hallie Baudelaire
On 9/29/2008 at 10:46 AM, *Supreme Mugwump said:

Delete as required: (For quidditch, stocks and affiliations, please remember to PM your area head if you will be unable to meet requirements)

AFFILIATION

MINISTRY SHOPS

Character Name(s): Hallie Baudelaire and Wendell Locke

Date you will leave: ongoing but putting today 4/22

Date you will return: 4/28

If you are not on complete absence, which areas will you continue to post in? I'll be keeping up with the event thread.

Abigail Holden
On 9/29/2008 at 3:46 PM, *Supreme Mugwump said:

SHOPS 

Character Name(s): Abigail Holden

Date you will leave: 24.04

Date you will return: 14.06

Marina Major

AFFILIATION 

MINISTRY 

Character Name(s): Marina and Bellamy Major, Leo Penvrane, and Tamara Reyes (though those last two are in azzers so do they even count) 

Date you will leave: the beginning of this term really so April 3rd-ish?

Date you will return: hopefully by the end of term I will be back on my groove, definitely by June 7 as the school year will be over by then

hopefully I'll get it together and post in everything, but will be focusing on event, quests, and clubs

This is kind of retroactive since I'm hoping I'll actually be able to post more these last two weeks of term (but I was hoping to be on top of things all term and here we are), but I have just not been in a mental state to be posting much lately with real life stuff taking up most of my brain power including it being the end of the school year my first year as a full time teacher so apologies! 

Tiberius Huxley

Delete as required: 
AFFILIATION STOCKS
MINISTRY  SHOPS CORNSWIN

Character Name(s): Tiberius Huxley, Jamie Baudelaire, Percy McQueen, Hugo Burnell + Stockie
Date you will leave: a long time ago if I'm honest
Date you will return: at the earliest 20/05/22

I'm going to keep up with the MP thread and my mandatories/workies. 

I'm starting my new job tomorrow and my brain is scattered - hopefully it'll settle before too long but this is to stop me from feeling guilty for not making PW my priority atm. 

Governor Radish

AFFILIATION MINISTRY MUNGO'S 

Character Name(s): Rhett O'Donnolly, Yves Saikaly, Ethan Zabinski
Date you will leave: May 18th
Date you will return: May 23rd

Haziel Reyes

QUIDDITCH

Character Name(s): Tadhg Harris, Haziel Reyes

Date you will leave: beginning of term - 5.14

Date you will return: Monday, 5.23

Ty’s club leadership, Quidditch captain duties, and Haz’s DE thread

Big work presentation, then dad comes this weekend to do housework. PW when I’m finally done!

Rian McCullough
On 9/29/2008 at 7:46 AM, *Supreme Mugwump said:

QUIDDITCH MINISTRY

Character Name(s): Rian McCullough, Fletcher Munro

Date you will leave: 05/24 or 05/25

Date you will return: 06/05

If you are not on complete absence, which areas will you continue to post in? Will continue to post in Quidditch requirements for Fletcher & any tournaments he’s in, service allowing! 

Going to Germany where I’ll be road tripping and reunited with old friends for 10 days! Will do what I can from the road but am trying to be as present as I can! 

Catch ya when I’m back!

Lilith Dagger

Character Name(s): Lilith Dagger

Date you will leave: Yesterday, May 23

Date you will return: Unclear

Suddenly got hit with a wicked flu & can’t focus enough to post! Will be back once it’s over 

Robin Connolly

Delete as required: AFFILIATION MINISTRY SHOPS 

Character Name(s):Robin Connolly, Juliana and Alistair Moran-Jameson

Date you will leave: 5/25

Date you will return:6/13

If you are not on complete absence, which areas will you continue to post in? I signed up for one shop media article, I will complete that once I receive info, but otherwise complete absence

Clara Fisher-Gray

AFFILIATION

MINISTRY MUNGO'S

Character Name(s): Clara Fisher-Gray, Jonas Major, and Isidore James

Date you will leave: June 13, 2022

Date you will return: July 3, 2022

Will be around to post in work/affiliation + time-sensitive threads!

*Professor Algernon Cross

STOCKS [Requirements have already been met.]

Character Name(s): *Professor Algernon Cross

Date you will leave: Sunday, 19 June, 2022

Date you will return: (Estimated), Saturday, 9 July, 2022

I plan to be on complete absence.

Saoirse McCullough
On 9/29/2008 at 7:46 AM, *Supreme Mugwump said:

AFFILIATION MINISTRY SHOPS

Character Name(s): Saoirse McCullough, Mercutio Blackwood, Alannah McCullough, and Charlotte Roy

Date you will leave: Sunday, June 19

Date you will return: after shutdown

I'll do my best to reply to time-sensitive threads as much as I can!

Benjamin Baudelaire
On 9/29/2008 at 11:46 AM, *Supreme Mugwump said:

QUIDDITCH AFFILIATION SHOPS

Character Name(s): Fergus Lockerby, Fern Lockerby, Benjamin Baudelaire

Date you will leave: June 20th

Date you will return: hopefully July 8th

I'll do my best to close up some of Ferg's work threads for reports 

I'm moving, be back after shutdown at some point!

Tierney Mcintyre-Mackinnon

SHOPS CORNSWIN

Character Name(s): Tierney Mcintyre-Mackinnon
Date you will leave: a week ago
Date you will return: after shutdown
If you are not on complete absence, which areas will you continue to post in? N/A

Sophie St. James
On 9/29/2008 at 3:46 PM, *Supreme Mugwump said:

AFFILIATION

SHOPS

Character Name(s): Sophie St. James & Rhys Sayer

Date you will leave: 20/06 

Date you will return: Mid-July / PW154

If you are not on complete absence, which areas will you continue to post in? All

A bit precautionary, but thesis is due in the coming weeks and I suspect I will be rather slow and likely crash hard when its finally submitted. Will prioritise requirements and discussed threads, and welcome prodding if I miss any replies :wub: 

Casper Elderflower
On 6/1/2022 at 1:20 AM, Casper Elderflower said:

AFFILIATION  SHOPS

Character Name(s): Casper Elderflower

Date you will leave: 21st June, 2022

Date you will return: 30th June, 2022

I'm on complete absence for holiday and will likely return when the new term is upon us :)  Thank you for your patience!

Alder Ward

MUNGO'S

Character Name(s): Alder Ward, Ash Carver, Leonidas Thibeaux

Date you will leave: 6/22/2022

Date you will return: After shutdown

I'll try finishing Ash's quests

Siomha McCullough
On 9/29/2008 at 8:46 AM, *Supreme Mugwump said:

AFFILIATION STOCKS MINISTRY SHOPS CORNSWIN

Character Name(s): Abraham Neil-Malone, Margot Gray, Siomha McCullough, Mooney Hopper + Stockie

Date you will leave: today, June 22nd

Date you will return: after shutdown

going camping :D 

Rory Major

AFFILIATION

MINISTRY 

Character Name(s): Rory Major

Date you will leave: today

Date you will return: July 8

I'll be going on vacation so not really planning on posting unless something's approaching spam!

Phoebe Johnson

Delete as required: (For quidditch, stocks and affiliations, please remember to PM your area head if you will be unable to meet requirements) QUIDDITCH MUNGO'S

Character Name(s): Phoebe Johnson, Coraline Warren, Hazel Bentley

Date you will leave: today, July 2nd

Date you will return: July 14th

If you are not on complete absence, which areas will you continue to post in? Might be able to get a few posts in but I can’t guarantee, will make club posts and other ooc priority