Potters World. A Harry Potter RPG
*Supreme Mugwump

4 - The Absence Thread

*Supreme Mugwump

ABSENCES

Everyone needs to be gone at one time or another. In order to let your role-playing partners know when you will need to be gone, you can post in this thread with information about your absence. Absences can be described as Short-term or Long-term.

Short-term Absence

What is it?

A short-term absence is any absence that is longer than 3 days, or shorter than 2 months. You do NOT need to post an absence if you are only going to be gone for under 3 days. Generally people will be patient for a few days at a time.

Posting in this Absence Thread will NOT save your account if you do not log into your accounts longer than 2 months. This thread is only intended as a way to tell anyone you are RPing with that you need to be gone for a time.

How does it work?

You should make a post below, using the following form:

[b]Character Name(s):[/b]
[b]Date you will leave:[/b]
[b]Date you will return:[/b]

Do not post here if you are just going into a period of "slow posting". This is intended for true absences. If you find you need to cut back on posting or cannot finish a thread, you should do the polite thing and PM the person you are RPing with. If you find you are in a "slow posting" phase, you can put a message saying this in your signature.

What if I have more than one character?

If you have more than one character and need for all of them to be absent, you can either put all of their names in one form, or make a separate post with each character (this is helpful if you want to keep your alters a secret).

You need NOT put all of your accounts on Absence if you 'need a break' from one account.

How will being absent affect my post requirements?

Students who do not make minimum post count for promotion to the next year will not be excused due to an absence, and will therefore fail to advance to the next year. Adults who may have work post requirements MUST make arrangements with their work area staff member to be excused from work threads due to an extended absence. This can be arranged through a PM.

Be aware, however, that no account will be excused from making required posts counts due to absence if it is discovered the handler is continuing to post with their alter accounts. We DO allow excused absences from work -- but only if it's a genuine absence from the board entirely, and not a "trade-off" of posting from one account to the other.

What if I'm gone longer than 2 months?

BE AWARE!! Posting in this thread will NOT save your account from deletion if you do not log into your account for over 2 months. If you feel you may be gone for longer than 2 months, you need to arrange for your account to be placed on Inactive status (see instructions below).

If you do not log into your account for over 2 months, it will be deleted without notice.

What should I do when I return?

Please post in the "I've Returned" thread (with the account you posted here with) when you return, and your post in this topic will be deleted.

Long-term Absence (aka "Inactive" status)

What is it?

A long-term absence is any time you will need to be gone from the board for over 2 months. As stated in our ToS, any account not logged into for 2 months will be deleted without notice. However, we do allow members to be gone for up to 6 months from this board IF they place their accounts on Inactive.

"Inactive" status means your user group will be changed to "Inactive", and you will be unable to make any posts, nor read any posts on this board. You WILL be able to use the PM system. Your account will be saved even if you do not log on for up to 6 months.

How does it work?

If you need to put your characters on Inactive, you will need to PM an Administrator directly. The Governors you should contact are:

Governor Mac
Governor Spot
Governor Fang

There is no form to use, but you should try to give some explanation of why you will be gone, and some idea of when you will be back (although it is fine to say "I'm not sure when I will be back"). Please tell the staffer in that PM the names of all of your accounts.

BE AWARE! You cannot put one character on Inactive status and keep your alter accounts "active". When you choose to go Inactive, ALL of your accounts will be put Inactive. Inactive status should never be used to "juggle" different accounts around. If you cannot find the time to play all of your accounts, you probably have too many accounts and should delete some of them.

How do I get off Inactive status?

To return to active status, you will need to PM one of the staff members above again, tell them you wish to return to Active status.

Once your account returns to Active status after being on Inactive, you will not be allowed to return to Inactive status again for 3 months.

What will happen with my character's job when I am on Inactive?

Unfortunately, it's just not fair to other characters to have your character hold a job position for up to 6 months. Your character will lose their job if they are on Inactive for over 3 months.

What will happen if I'm gone for longer than 6 months?

Once your account has been on Inactive status for 6 months, you will be sent an "email" (not a PM) to the email address on your account, warning you that your account has reached its 6-month limit. If you do not contact the staff within 48 hours of that message being sent, your account will be deleted.

By joining Potter's World you indicate that you have read and do agree to abide by these rules. Failure to do so may result in warnings, disciplinary action or removal from the boards.
-------------
Revision History

11NOV18 - formatting changes but no content changes

10JUL15 -- changes to Admin contacts
26MAR11 -- reposting; formatting changes but no content changes

Luisa Reitman-Hughes

Character Name(s): Arden Lim & Luisa Reitman-Hughes

Date you will leave:  Tomorrow, Jan 8th

Date you will return: Saturday, Jan 11th/Sunday, Jan 12th

Might log in for mandatory things a bit earlier, but probably not going to be near a computer before Saturday.

Sabrina Ringhiare

Character Name: Ginta Ives

When Are You Leaving: today

Expect Date of Return: (when do you expect to be back?) Unknown

Posting for a friend!

Dinah Gray

Character Name(s):  Dinah Gray & Lennon Renault

Date you will leave: 18th January 

Date you will return: 23rd January

James Anderson

Character Name(s): Tanith Bishop

Date you will leave: January 23

Date you will return: Unknown

Posting for a friend!

Adrian Jameson

Character Name(s): Adrian Jameson, Thomas Atwood, Claudine Jameson, Posy Atwood

Date you will leave: 20th January

Date you will return: 4th March

Funnily enough... I didn't get time to post this. Working long hours right up until I go on holiday - while I'll do my best to post, I won't guarantee it. I'll be back in March. :)

Dominique LeRoux
On 9/29/2008 at 7:46 AM, *Supreme Mugwump said:

Character Name(s): Dominique LeRoux and stock

Date you will leave:1/25/2020

Date you will return: 2/1/2020

Unexpected life happenings. I’ll be able to do quidditch and other mandatory posts I think. 

Oliver Zabinski

Character Name(s): Oliver Zabinski, Maisie Kent 

Date you will leave: January 30th

Date you will return: Feb 5ish

Heading on vaca, won't have posting time 

Newt McQueen

Character Name(s): Sienna Huxley, Elena & Newt McQueen

Date you will leave: Today

Date you will returnTBD

Astrid Darlington

Character Name(s): Astrid Darlington

Date you will leave: 7th February

Date you will return:16th February

Going away, unsure of the internet situation at the moment! Will get mandatories in :) 

Linden Atwood

Character Name(s): Linden Atwood

Date you will leave: 8th Feb

Date you will return: 16th Feb

Will get mandatories in but no guarantee in the rest!

Guest Annie Mcintyre-Hart

Character Name(s): Annie Mcintyre-Hart, Wyatt Mcintyre

Date you will leave: 01 February 2020

Date you will return: 18 February 2020 

Been putting it off, but I've actually been away a while due to RL issues. Posting in mandatories and quidditch is priority, but I don't expect to be back for certain until after the new term. Sorry to all waiting!

Clara Chandler

Traveling again for school!  Will hopefully get my starters up but probably not much else :D

Character Name(s): Clara and Theodore Chandler

Date you will leave: Feb 20

Date you will return: March 1

Romee Adler

Character Name(s): Romee Adler 

Date you will leave: technically a few days ago

Date you will return: unknown

I need a little break but I'll be back soon!

James Anderson

Posting for a friend!

Character Name(s): Tanith Bishop and Dorit Neil-Malone
Date you will leave: March 10
Date you will return: TBA

Zachary St. James

Character Name(s): Kira Griffin, Haziel Reyes

Date you will leave: today (3.10.20)

Date you will return: 3.22.20

posting for a friend!

Elias Fisher-Gray

Character Name(s): Elias Fisher-Gray & Raenai Blair
Date you will leave: technically from Monday, March 16, 2020

Date you will return: Not Sure. Maybe by March 27, 2020

Self-isolating but don’t have time to post so covering my basis. Hoping I can work out a routine to post once I have a better understanding of how things work. 

Connor Rhodes

Character Name(s): Connor Rhodes

Date you will leave: 3/19/2020

Date you will return: April 13th 2020

Should have done this weeks ago, but life has been far too hectic to think about PW.  Between moving, getting a new job, and other personal matters, I'm placing PW on the backburner for the time being.  

Rowan Harris

Character Name(s): Rowan Harris

Date you will leave: March 22, 2020

Date you will return: April 5, 2020

should've posted this a bit ago, but better late than never. am considered "essential personnel" and won't be getting any time off for the foreseeable future.

Katherine Wells

Character Name(s): Katherine Wells 

Date you will leave: 3/25/2020

Date you will return: unknown

My laptop charger has died and I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get a new one!

Ezio Bray

Character Name(s): Elijah Bray

Date you will leave: today 

Date you will return: a week after term returns

posting for a friend as her internet is being spotty