Potters World. A Harry Potter RPG
*Supreme Mugwump

4 - The Absence Thread

*Supreme Mugwump

ABSENCES

Everyone needs to be gone at one time or another. In order to let your role-playing partners know when you will need to be gone, you can post in this thread with information about your absence. Absences can be described as Short-term or Long-term.

Short-term Absence

What is it?

A short-term absence is any absence that is longer than 3 days, or shorter than 2 months. You do NOT need to post an absence if you are only going to be gone for under 3 days. Generally people will be patient for a few days at a time.

Posting in this Absence Thread will NOT save your account if you do not log into your accounts longer than 2 months. This thread is only intended as a way to tell anyone you are RPing with that you need to be gone for a time.

How does it work?

You should make a post below, using the following form:

[b]Character Name(s):[/b]
[b]Date you will leave:[/b]
[b]Date you will return:[/b]

Do not post here if you are just going into a period of "slow posting". This is intended for true absences. If you find you need to cut back on posting or cannot finish a thread, you should do the polite thing and PM the person you are RPing with. If you find you are in a "slow posting" phase, you can put a message saying this in your signature.

What if I have more than one character?

If you have more than one character and need for all of them to be absent, you can either put all of their names in one form, or make a separate post with each character (this is helpful if you want to keep your alters a secret).

You need NOT put all of your accounts on Absence if you 'need a break' from one account.

How will being absent affect my post requirements?

Students who do not make minimum post count for promotion to the next year will not be excused due to an absence, and will therefore fail to advance to the next year. Adults who may have work post requirements MUST make arrangements with their work area staff member to be excused from work threads due to an extended absence. This can be arranged through a PM.

Be aware, however, that no account will be excused from making required posts counts due to absence if it is discovered the handler is continuing to post with their alter accounts. We DO allow excused absences from work -- but only if it's a genuine absence from the board entirely, and not a "trade-off" of posting from one account to the other.

What if I'm gone longer than 2 months?

BE AWARE!! Posting in this thread will NOT save your account from deletion if you do not log into your account for over 2 months. If you feel you may be gone for longer than 2 months, you need to arrange for your account to be placed on Inactive status (see instructions below).

If you do not log into your account for over 2 months, it will be deleted without notice.

What should I do when I return?

Please post in the "I've Returned" thread (with the account you posted here with) when you return, and your post in this topic will be deleted.

Long-term Absence (aka "Inactive" status)

What is it?

A long-term absence is any time you will need to be gone from the board for over 2 months. As stated in our ToS, any account not logged into for 2 months will be deleted without notice. However, we do allow members to be gone for up to 6 months from this board IF they place their accounts on Inactive.

"Inactive" status means your user group will be changed to "Inactive", and you will be unable to make any posts, nor read any posts on this board. You WILL be able to use the PM system. Your account will be saved even if you do not log on for up to 6 months.

How does it work?

If you need to put your characters on Inactive, you will need to PM an Administrator directly. The Governors you should contact are:

Governor Mac
Governor Daisy
Governor Spot
Governor Fang

There is no form to use, but you should try to give some explanation of why you will be gone, and some idea of when you will be back (although it is fine to say "I'm not sure when I will be back"). Please tell the staffer in that PM the names of all of your accounts.

BE AWARE! You cannot put one character on Inactive status and keep your alter accounts "active". When you choose to go Inactive, ALL of your accounts will be put Inactive. Inactive status should never be used to "juggle" different accounts around. If you cannot find the time to play all of your accounts, you probably have too many accounts and should delete some of them.

How do I get off Inactive status?

To return to active status, you will need to PM one of the staff members above again, tell them you wish to return to Active status.

Once your account returns to Active status after being on Inactive, you will not be allowed to return to Inactive status again for 3 months.

What will happen with my character's job when I am on Inactive?

Unfortunately, it's just not fair to other characters to have your character hold a job position for up to 6 months. Your character will lose their job if they are on Inactive for over 3 months.

What will happen if I'm gone for longer than 6 months?

Once your account has been on Inactive status for 6 months, you will be sent an "email" (not a PM) to the email address on your account, warning you that your account has reached its 6-month limit. If you do not contact the staff within 48 hours of that message being sent, your account will be deleted.

By joining Potter's World you indicate that you have read and do agree to abide by these rules. Failure to do so may result in warnings, disciplinary action or removal from the boards.
-------------
Revision History

11NOV18 - formatting changes but no content changes

10JUL15 -- changes to Admin contacts
26MAR11 -- reposting; formatting changes but no content changes

Clara Fisher-Gray

Character Name(s): Elias Fisher-Gray, Raenai Blair, and Dorian Fisher-Gray

Date you will leave:  Today (June 4th)

Date you will return: Saturday (June 8th)

Posting for a friend!

Wesley Campbell

Posting for a friend!!

Character Name(s): Luisa Reitman-Hughes, Arden Lim and Doutzen van Dijk

Date you will leave: 10.09.19 

Date you will return: 15.09.19

Laptop problems!! 

Saoirse McCullough

Character Name(s): Floris van Dijk and Blaise Pierrot
Date you will leave: last Thursday, September 5th
Date you will return: Tuesday, September 17th

Posting for a friend!

Ivy DeCastilla

Character Name(s): Ivy DeCastilla, Maximus Malone, Gavin St. Clair

Date you will leave: 9/15/19

Date you will return: 9/23/19

Dinah Gray

Character Name(s): Dinah Gray & Lennon Renault

Date you will leave: Saturday September 21st

Date you will return: Saturday October 5th

Linden Atwood

Character Name(s): Linden Atwood

Date you will leave: 15/10/19

Date you will return: 19/10/19

Isaiah Faraday

Character Name(s): Isaiah Faraday

Date you will leave: a few days ago

Date you will return: October 26th

Marala Streeaka

Character Name(s): Leslie Vela, Chance King, Santana Marinos
Date you will leave:  today 24/10/2019
Date you will return: unknown

Posting up for another handler, health concerns.

Jacob Swifte

Character Name: Aveline Delaunay
Date you will leave: 10/30/2019
Date you will return: 11/18/2019

Posting for a friend!

Caio Prior

Character Name: Caio Prior
Date you will leave: a few days ago 
Date you will return: 04/11/2019 (hopefully)

Family emergency, I'm afraid! 

Elena McQueen

Character  Name(s): Sienna Huxley, Elena & Newt McQueen

Date you will leave: November 5

Date you will return: tba

Linden Atwood

Character Name(s): Linden Atwood

Date you will leave: 18/11/19

Date you will return: 23/11/19

will try when possible, but all posts will be a bit slow

Jett Goettl

Character Name(s): Jett Goettl

Date you will leave: Nov 20

Date you will return: Dec 5

Elias Roy

Character Name(s): Elias Roy, Reaghan McLoughlin, Henri Favreau

Date you will leave: Tomorrow, November 22nd

Date you will return: Tuesday, November 26th

Going away for a few days, and still unsure if  I'll be able to bring my laptop. I'll try to prioritize summer threads if I get the chance!

Alexandra Bexley

Character Name(s): Alexandra Bexley
Date you will leave: 11/23/19

Date you will return:[/b] unknown, hopefully sometime next week!

Health issues and work are taking up most of my time, unfortunately. 

Santana Marinos

Character Name(s): Leslie Vela, Chance King, Santana Marinos

Date you will leave: 28th - 

Date you will return: 4th December

Sophia Jameson-Mackinnon

Character Name(s): W. Mackinnon, K. Wilde, S. Jameson-Mackinnon, N. Rybakov, C. Lennox

Date you will leave: Dec 3, 2019

Date you will return: Dec 12, 2019 (ish)

Mia Burnell

Character Name(s): Mia Burnell & Tala Guinto

Date you will leave: sometime Friday Dec 6

Date you will return: sometime Sunday Dec 8

unplugging (mostly) this weekend because I am a terrible procrastinator and have way too much to do in a very little time. normally wouldn't even post an absence but with the event going on, thought I'd go ahead and do it.